Additional Programs - Reciprocity

If this is not your home local you may apply to have contributions made on your hours worked transferred from a "Reciprocal Fund" (a benefit plan sponsored by a Local Union of the IBEW and chapter of NECA) in accordance with the Reciprocal Agreement. To qualify, this Plan must be your "Home Fund" (the plan to which contributions will be transferred and through which your health and welfare benefits will be covered), you must register on ERTS (the Electronic Reciprocal Transfer System), and you must present a valid photo identification at your Home Fund, the Participating Fund in which you have registered for work or an Assisting IBEW Local Union. You must agree both in writing and electronically (via ERTS) to 1) the legally binding effect of utilizing an electronic signature on ERTS and 2) an approved authorization and release regarding reciprocal transfers under the Reciprocal Agreement.

You may designate this Plan as your Home Fund if you are a member of IBEW Local 6 and have met certain other criteria.

The effective date of the transfer is the first day of the month in which you have properly registered on ERTS, provided you meet the eligibility requirements to claim the Plan as your Home Fund.

Reciprocity will remain in effect unless, and until, you complete a "Request for Cessation of Transfer" on ERTS. For further information regarding the procedure, please contact the Plan Office.

The terms of the Reciprocal Agreement may be changed or amended from time to time by vote of the participating trusts throughout the United States. To determine whether changes have occurred in the Reciprocal Agreement since the printing of this booklet, contact the Plan Office.

Notice: Information for Travelers Working in Local 6

Please see the links below for details on how reciprocity is administered for each plan.

Select a plan to view information on reciprocity.